Feel like your truly part of Starfleet, helping the Federation explore new galaxies and civilizations, with the new Star Trek Captain’s Log iPhone app. Take on the responsibility of observing new and amazing people and places by logging them into your own Starfleet issued communicator app.
As a Starfleet officer, your job is to provide defense, research, diplomacy, and exploration services to the United Federation of Planets, or “The Federation.” The primary directive of a Starfleet crew is to seek out new life, new worlds, and new civilizations in an attempt to gain a better understanding and friendship. During their journeys, crew members keep both a personal and officer’s log. Star Trek Captain’s Log gives users a chance to be a Starfleet Captain, engineer, science officer, part of the medical crew, or even an enemy Romulan or Klingon.
Log interesting new sites and sounds with a photo, audio clip, or text. Your logged locations are designated on the map by a symbol indicating alliance association and color indicating rank. Share your entries with FaceBook, Twitter, or other Star Trek Captain’s Log users. Star Trek is based in the future with some really advanced technology. While your iPhone can’t transport you to another planet, replicate you a Dairy Queen Blizzard, or stun someone with a phaser blast, it does offer some nifty features and Paramount uses them all.
Star Trek Captain’s Log v1.1 now features:
• Support for iOS 4/iPhone 4
- Updated the movie player to use the new movie player in iOS 4
- Support for multitasking
- Support for front-facing camera
- Hi-resolution graphics for the Retina display
• Added a new 3D Enterprise view (click on the orb within the communicator)
- Makes use of the gyroscope of the iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 users can manipulate the view through touch
• Lots of bugs fixes and miscellaneous improvements
- Map pins customized to the class that posted them
- Map pins visually different between your logs and community logs
- Cancel button on the transmitting screen
- New Paramount map pin for “special” posts
- General improvements for low-signal environments
- Optimized the stock images you can attach to logs for faster upload
- Fixed bug with iTunes link
Star Trek Captain’s Log is compatible with iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 4 and is available in the App Store for $1.99. Some features not available on older iPhones and iPod touchs.
As a tribute to Star Trek fans, I’ve embedded a YouTube video highlighting the various Star Trek series introductions. Enjoy!