IK Multimedia seems to have largely stepped-up the potency of their already acclaimed lead and bass guitar mobile sound-FX software. The new features, available in all three iPod touch and iPhone-optimized versions, include a new recorder for producing your final song in even less steps, easy exportation and sharing of your creations, the ability to import tracks without a computer, and new stomp effects
AmpliTube v2.0 features:
• 5 new stomp effects available as in-app purchase
• Improved sound with DSP parts derived from AmpliTube 3 and T-RackS 3 for Mac/PC Apps (www.amplitube.com, www.t-racks.com)
• Built-in recorder with re-amping
• Multitrack recorder with 4 tracks and master FX section with 3 effects available as in-app purchase
• Export your recordings and mixes as high quality audio files or send them by email as MP3s
• Import songs as backing tracks directly from your iPod library on your device or your computer using file sharing or Wi-Fi
• SpeedTrainer for slow down/speed up imported songs without affecting the pitch
• Up to 50 songs can now be imported
• New preset naming feature
Your new mobile rig gives you up to three simultaneous stomp boxes, an amplifier, plus speaker cabinet and a microphone. AmpliTube includes up to 11 stomps: delay, fuzz, overdrive, wah, envelope filter, chorus, and many more. Combine these sound-FX with your chosen amp, cabinet, plus a dynamic or condenser microphone. You can add additional amps, stomp boxes, and cabinets via in-app purchase.
AmpliTube has a built-in chromatic digital tuner and a metronome to offer an increased level of accuracy, especially in noisy environments, due to the fact that your instrument is plugged directly into your iDevice. Import and play along with your own songs or backing tracks with real time effects plus the ability to create, save and recall up to 36 presets on the fly.
You can even try AmpliTube‘s features without a guitar by using the built-in demo section. Choose one of the eight guitar audio riffs, click play, and go try some different amps and sound-FX.