The popular iOS Google Reader client, Reeder, has just been updated. Now, fans of the app can enjoy Facebook integration, and several new “slider options.”
Here’s a full list of the changes, taken from the app’s release notes:
- New article list slider options: Slide left to “Send to Instapaper” or “Send to ReadItLater” (see Settings.app>Reeder>Article List)
- “Save to Delicious” with a YahooID!
- Default recipient address for sharing via email (see Settings.app>Reeder>Accounts)
- Only ask once to disable confirmation for “Mark all as read” (can be changed in the settings anytime)
- Missing images in the article view (should now recover when loading another article)
- Improved support for items from “people you follow”
- Crashes when viewing certain articles (boingboing.net)
The new version (2.2) of Reeder comes following the first public beta release of Reeder for Mac. This long awaited Mac OS X app is now available to download. If you own a Mac, be sure to give it a spin.
Currently, the iPhone and iPod touch version of Reeder is available for $2.99, while the iPad version costs slightly more, at $4.99. Personally, I love both applications – and, now that a Mac OS X app is available, I’m even happier. If you own an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, I can’t recommend these iOS apps enough.