Viewing content on Craigslist is a better experience using an iOS app than it is using a conventional browser. Especially when the iDevice is an iPad, and the app is Lifelike Craig HD. Now, a new update is coming, and it makes the app even better than ever.
Unlike its main competitor, CraigsPro, the Lifelike Craig app has been built specifically for the iPad, and not as a result of a previously released iPhone app.
According to developer Dotan Saguy, who spoke to AppAdvice, what sets his product apart is how the app looks.
“It was designed for the iPad only and looks like a real newspaper classified section. The result is that it’s easier and much more pleasant to use.”
With the new 1.5 update, Lifelike Craig includes these new features:
- Sound ON/OFF feature to disable the app’s newspaper sounds
- Posting: post to Craigslist from the app using one, multiple accounts or even no accounts
- Account management: Manage your Craigslist account inside the app (edit, delete ads, etc.)
- Group postings by date or by sub-area when selecting several sub-areas
- Smart saved search feature: The search box remembers your previous searches and suggests them based on what you start typing. You can also delete any previous search you don’t want suggested anymore
- Many usability improvements (streamlined menus, buttons on detailed listing screen, more intuitive filters, etc.)
- Speed improvements: The ads load faster and scroll smoother
- Bug fixes
I’ve used the app since its initial release late last year, and found it simple to use and visually stunning. I absolutely love its newspaper feel.
Having tested the new release, I found it quicker and its new features make it better than ever.
Still, the app could go farther. For one, I’d like the option to change the look of the newspaper. For example, being able to change its font (and perhaps its background color) would be an added plus.
In addition, being able to set automated agents would be nice too. Although missing from its iPad app, CraigsPro for iPhone includes this feature. It allows users to receive alerts when certain items are available.
Finally, at $1.99, Lifelike Craig is $1 more than CraigsPro. Is it worth it? Its unique newspaper feel alone is worth the premium.
The 1.5 update of Lifelike Craig HD should be available soon in the App Store.