For those who may not have noticed, Game Doctors released a major update to ZombieSmash yesterday. ZombieSmash and ZombieSmash HD v2.0 introduce Camp Nowhere, a brand new campaign for those who’ve managed to successfully defend themselves from the undead attacking their home.
Camp Nowhere offers up a bunch of brand new content:
• Second, full-fledged campaign with 30 new days to survive
• Fresh zombie types to crush, including exploding, dynamite-strapped zombies, strong zombies that (almost) always keep their feet, and a towering boss to take down
• New specials like fireworks that launch zombies into the air for a spectacular finish and a head inflation power that blows zombie heads up like balloons
• Full Game Center support with 25 new achievements, for a grand total of 40
• Expanded soundtrack with all-new, zombie-killing tunes by video game music legend Chris Huelsbeck
Even if you’re not up for Camp Nowhere quite yet, ZombieSmash and ZombieSmash HD v2.0 have a number of improvements and other additions:
• Crisp Retina graphics with added parallax scrolling effects for both Camp Nowhere and the original ZombieSmash! campaign
• Twitter connectivity to easily share your best smashes with the world
• In-app purchasing opportunities to help players even the odds
• Major overhaul of the Sandbox with the ability to zoom and move the scene and an improved zombie spawning menu
• Countless gameplay improvements such as automatic shooting, more diverse special generation and visual indicators for activated specials.
Could that really be all? If it were, you better not be complaining anyway. But seriously, Game Doctors has decided to toss in some special goodies for iPad owners:
• Easter special: Featuring an arsenal of Easter related goodies, including bunny-ear-clad zombies and several weapons disguised as friendly Easter eggs.
• Soccer special: Brings what zombie games were always missing – the ability to smash rival soccer teams!
For those who haven’t checked your app updates lately; you better get on top of that. Anyone who has been holding off can be assured there is plenty of zombie smashing, exploding, scorching, and more to keep you occupied for hours.
ZombieSmash is designed for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 3.1.3 or later, and available in the App Store for $.99. ZombieSmash HD is compatible with iPod running iOS 3.2 or later, and is available in the App Store for $1.99.