Aelios Weather ($2.99) is a brand new iPad app that allows users to explore the world, and check out weather forecasts – all within an application that was designed “like a finely crafted Swiss watch,” according to its developer.
The app, which hit the App Store earlier today, offers a variety of features – including a virtual watch, a clever location detector and a weather poster, which displays “easy to read” weather forecasts. Here’s a full list of features, as outlined in Aelios Weather‘s release notes:
- Weather forecasts for any place on earth!
- Finely crafted 24-hour virtual watch.
- Day and Nighttime indicators.
- Explore the world quickly by simply moving and pinching maps.
- Real-Time Smart Location Selector: Instantly locks onto the most highly populated location.
- One-touch Weather using your geo-location.
- Powerful location search thanks: Find any location by typing its name, (even approximately). For instance: “nyc” for New York City or “everest” for Mount Everest.
- Weather Poster: Easy-to-read daily or weekly weather forecasts.
- Weather data including temperature, precipitation level, wind direction and speed.
- Forecasts for the next 24 hours, with details every 3 hours.
- Forecasts for the next 7 days.
- Units: metric or imperial
- Supports both Portrait and Landscape mode
Currently, the iPad version of Apple’s mobile operating system does not feature a built-in Weather app (like the iPhone and iPod touch). This means that if iPad owners want to access forecasts on the go, they must utilize a third-party app. While a variety of alternatives are available to download in the App Store (for a lesser price than $5.99, too), Aleios Weather is a beautiful creation – a luxury app, if you will.
Be sure to check it out, as mentioned it’s available for $5.99. And if you’re already a fan of Aleios Weather, let us know in the comments.