Apple fans can now enjoy reading the Los Angeles Times on their iPad, thanks to a recently released application.
The application – Los Angeles Times app for iPad - is currently available to download for free in the App Store. As outlined in the application’s release notes, features include:
- Award-winning world, national and local news from California’s #1 news source, updated 24/7
- Exclusive must-read columns from Steve Lopez, Patt Morrison, Doyle McManus and more
- The entertainment coverage Hollywood reads first, brought to you by the most-respected journalists in the industry
- Theater, music, art, film, TV, book and architecture reviews
- Full coverage of SoCal’s action-packed sports scene, including Lakers, Clippers, Kings, Ducks, Dodgers, Angels, USC and UCLA, plus nationally known columnists Bill Plaschke, TJ Simers and more
- Business, Technology, Health, Travel and Opinion sections
- Updated weather for your location
- Easy sharing of stories via Facebook, Twitter and email
- One-tap saving of stories for offline reading
As you can see in the above screenshot, the app is ad-supported. However, the advertisements are relatively subtle and do not intrude upon the reading experience, which is great.
If you’re a fan of the LA Times, you’ll undoubtedly appreciate the newspaper’s iPad app. As mentioned, it’s available to download now – so check it out, and let us know your thoughts in the comments. We’ve included some screenshots below, too.