You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| May 3, 2011
Penultimate Updated: Adds "A Whole New World Of Notebook Paper"
The popular handwriting app, Penultimate ($1.99), has recently received a major update. Now, users of the app (version 3.0) can purchase and download new notepad paper from The Paper Shop, or create their own "photorealistic paper" from an image saved in their iPad's Photos app. As you can see in the above screenshot, creating paper is great. All you have to do is select the image from your Photos library, and Penultimate will create notebook paper out of it. It's also possible to share notebook papers you've created with friends, via email. Furthermore, users of the app can now download new notebook paper designs via The Paper Shop. Styles such as "Writing," "Time & Tasks" and "Music" are available as in app purchases. [caption id="attachment_172015" align="aligncenter" width="763" caption="As you can see, a variety of different papers are available to download - for a price"][/caption] Here's a full list of changes made in the update, as outlined in the app's release notes:
Currently, Penultimate is available to download for $1.99. Personally, I think it's the best handwriting app out there. If you're not already a fan, check out the updated version, and let us know your thoughts in the comments.
- Create your own photorealistic paper from any image you have. Import your storyboard template, landscape design form, or Chinese language learning grid paper. Tap the "+" in the paper menu. You can share your created paper with friends and colleagues.
- Visit The Paper Shop in the app to browse convenient new collections of paper for download in addition to the built-in classics.
- New option to include the paper design when sending or printing a notebook.
- Fix for VGA output issue seen by some users with iPad software version 4.3.
- Now available in Portuguese (Hi, Brazil!)