A brand new MapleStory game has hit the iPhone, it’s called MapleStory Cygnus Knights Edition. This is the second iPhone release of a series that originally started out as a Korean MMORPG PC game and an alternative to other MMORPGs like World of Warcraft. The previous entry in the series was called MapleStory Thief Edition.
MapleStory Cygnus Knights Edition looks to (again) be a single player-focused 2D side-scrolling RPG mixed in with action-oriented gameplay. It has many mini-games to play through and offers a lot of depth for iPhone gamers. There are many skills and items to collect through the adventure as well.
The game’s storyline revolves around a knight named Cygnus. This version of MapleStory, however, has two playable stories to tell within that main storyline. There are the stories of the “Dawn Warrior,” as well as the “Blaze Wizard.” The game also has two classes of fighters to choose from. Here is the entire feature list (taken from the app description):
- Play through the origins of the Dawn Warrior and the Blaze Wizard in the biggest mobile MapleStory game to date!
- Explore 12 new, never-before-seen areas!
- Experience new kinds of quests!
- Hop from platform to platform, zoom down conveyer belts, and bounce off springboards for that classic arcade feel!
- Tame and ride monsters for the first time in a mobile MapleStory game!
- Try for the high score in 4 new mini-games!
- Arrange the UI how you like it with the new custom touch interface!
- Post ads and messages to all the other players in Maple World with the Ad Board!
- Use the mailbox to send and receive mail from your fellow Maplers!
The game already has a lot of online and social-media integration, but more is coming soon (according to the app description):
★ Coming Soon ★
- Challenge your friends in Battle Mode!
- Move through Maple World with innovative new controls!
- Connect to Facebook and Twitter!
If you enjoyed the previous entry in the series, or are a fan of PC MMORPGs, the game is worth checking out. It is also worth trying if you’re into platformers, role-playing, or 2D fighting games.