Track your daily calorie intake, exercise routines, and other aspects of your training regiment with iMapMyFITNESS for iPhone. The app has recently been updated to version 4.0 and now offers Hyperlock GPS for accurate workout tracking.
This app acts as a daily log and allows you to track workouts such as bike rides, running, swimming, gym workouts, and virtually any type of fitness training you can think of. Because it has GPS tracking, the app is especially useful for outdoor workouts. Runners, in particular, will find a great benefit in knowing how long and far they ran.
“Step out your front door, hit the road or trail, and this app will effortlessly mark out your path along an interactive map and record essential metrics including duration, distance, pace, speed and elevation. Once you finish your workout, save your data and it automatically uploads to www.MapMyFitness.com where you can view your route, workout data, and a comprehensive workout history,” according to the app description.
The app allows you to share and compare workouts with friends through the MapMyFitness website. Here is a list of additional features (from the app description):
- Real-time tracking that measures and displays time, distance, pace, speed and elevation.
- An interactive map that lets you view your current location and exactly where you have traveled along your route.
- Synchronization with your online ‘Training Log’ on iMapMyFitness.com.
- Manual entry of workout data directly from the app so you can easily record your indoor activities like gym workouts and cardio sessions on the treadmill.
- Twitter integration that enables you to tweet your workout data to friends and family.
- Voice Feedback detailing distance, pace, or speed information. Get your run data in real-time through your headphones.
- And iMapMyFitness is FREE.
- Now with ANT+ support:
- Monitor your heart rate during workouts and track results over time
- Power, Stride, Cadence and other Ant+ sensor types also supported.
If you want to set a goal and push yourself this app may be just what you need to progress farther in your training.