The popular Twitter client for the iPhone and iPod touch, Tweetbot, has recently received an update. Now, users of the app can take advantage of a variety of new features and improvements, including improved multiple account switching, local trends and more. Currently, the latest version of the application (1.3) is available to download in the App Store for $1.99.
As outlined in the app’s release notes, new features include:
- Improved multiple account switching
- Local trends (can be set in the account settings)
- Improved recipient selector when creating a new direct message
- Ability to copy, delete, and translate direct messages (swipe on a thread to delete a whole group)
- “Add to List” feature improved and renamed to “Manage List Memberships”
- Added “go to user” feature in people search (shows when typing into the “Search People” box)
- Gaps now load above or below depending on position of gap when button is invoked.
- Compose Tweet from hashtag (by holding down on a hashtag in a tweet)
- Drafts button now displays # of drafts.
- Support for Favstar (hold fav button to invoke ‘tweet of the day’, double-tap profile tab to see your own favstar page)
- Various bug fixes
Back when Tweetbot first launched, many heralded it as a “Twitter for iPhone killer,” citing the application’s potential to steal the client crown from the official Twitter iPhone application. While the app has been successful, its $1.99 price-tag obviously means it doesn’t have every Twitter fan on board.
If you’re looking for an alternative to Twitter, take a look at Tweetbot – the most recent update has made the app better than ever. As mentioned, it’s currently priced at $1.99 and is natively compatible with the iPhone and iPod touch.