You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Bryan M. Wolfe
| July 28, 2011
First Look: Ultimate Sharks
First launched in 1996, Discovery Channel’s Shark Week is one of television’s most anticipated yearly events. Now, the team at Discovery has released Ultimate Sharks, a new interactive book exclusively for the iPad. Ultimate Sharks (473 MB) examines the ten deadliest sharks on the planet include the Great White, Hammerhead, and Tiger Shark. In addition to offering summary information about each shark, the app includes a fantastic feature called 3D Interactive that lets you control the sharks with your fingertip to make them swim, hunt, and attack. [caption id="attachment_212129" align="aligncenter" width="449" caption="Ultimate Sharks"][/caption] Other features include:
- HIGH QUALITY VIDEOS: Over 3 hours of custom-created shark videos produced from Discovery’s legendary shark library and narrated by Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs fame
- AIRPLAY-ENABLED: Share your favorite shark videos with friends and family on the big screen
- ATTACK STORIES: Unbelievable tales of human encounters with sharks
- EXCLUSIVE CONTENT: Over 75 screens of content, expertly written text and narrative, interactive maps and infographics
- HI-RES PHOTOS: Over 250 breathtaking high-resolution photos from some of the world’s most celebrated wildlife photographers
[caption id="attachment_212133" align="aligncenter" width="385" caption="Ultimate Sharks - Open Wide!"][/caption] This is a fantastic app and comes at a great time. Shark Week '11 begins on July 31st on Discovery. Download the $4.99 Ultimate Sharks app today in the App Store. What do you think? Leave your comments below.