You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| July 28, 2011
Jailbreak Only: DisplayOut Updated - Adds Support For Netflix, HDMI Adapter And HD Resolution
The popular screen mirroring jailbreak application, DisplayOut, has recently received an update. Now, in the latest version of the app (1.4.1-1), Ryan Petrich has added support for the Netflix iOS app (and other applications that support native output), support for the HDMI adapter and high definition screen mirroring (at 720p). Here is the change-log for the latest version of DisplayOut, which reached us via iSpazio:
In iOS 5, Apple has added the ability to "screen mirror" via AirPlay on the iPad 2 only. This is a great feature, and something we'd like to see reach other iOS devices. Fortunately, DisplayOut supports both the iPhone and iPod touch, and is even compatible with other versions of the iOS. The downside, though, is that Ryan Petrich's jailbreak app requires a wired connection, while AirPlay Mirroring can be achieved wirelessly. If you're a jailbreak fan, take a look at the latest version of DisplayOut. As you can see in the above screenshot, the package can be purchased for $2.99.
- Added support to Netflix and other applications that support native output for external display
- Support HDMI adapter
- Added the ability to adjust the orientation
- Adding the resolution to 720p (available only with the HDMI adapter)
- Load / Library / DisplayOutBackground.png external display as the background
- Support for iPhone OS 4.3