For our increasingly cluttered lives, we can thank Springpad to keep things moving in the right direction. Now, the universal note management app has received a nice update.
Created by Spring Partners, Springpad is a companion app for the site by the same name. It allows both iPhone/iPod touch and iPad owners to gather important information for review later.
Information is neatly organized in a category you specify. This information is then synched with the Springpad website and to your other iDevices.
However, Springpad is more than just a place to jot down a to-do list or a list of movies from your DVD collection. Rather, it adds beneficial information to those lists to make them better.
For example, James Paterson fans may want to keep track of each book written by the author that they haven’t read.
By clicking on “Add by Type” and then “Book” you can add book titles. From there, Springpad will gather and save information about the book including its current price and a brief description.
You can also add lists of TV shows, Contacts, Albums, or Recipes, to give just four examples.
Other features include:
- Type in a note or thought so you don’t forget it.
- Save a photo of things you want to look up later.
- Save nearby businesses and restaurants based on your current location
- Scan a bar code of any product, book or media to save for later.
- Search the web to add movies, wines, books and more. Springpad automatically adds useful information like addresses, prices and descriptions.
- Access all of your saved data online and offline.
- Quickly access useful information like your shopping lists, recipes and restaurants.
The Version 2.3 update features the introduction of notifications. Now, users may set reminders for any item saved to their Springpad or create events and alarms including repeat options.
Other new features include:
- Many bug fixes and improvements
- Fixed issues with editing certain notes created on the web
- Added save confirmation prompt when canceling an edit
- Added a sync status indicator
- Improved navigation to types and tags when in notebooks
- Addressed stability issues