You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Bryan M. Wolfe
| July 18, 2011
Worldwide, We Use The iPhone More Than Any Other Smartphone To...
For the first time since the iPhone debuted in 2007, the handset is now the top device in global video views, according to Vuclip’s July 2011 Global Video Insights Report. The Apple handset beat out the BlackBerry 9700 to achieve this ranking. The report, which looks at video viewing habits in the U.S. and nine other locations, attributed the iPhone’s new ranking to mobile video viewing changes in Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates. According to Nickhil Jakatdar, CEO of Vuclip:
"July marks a major inflection point in the smartphone race. While we know Apple is a media darling in North America and Europe, it's interesting to see that it's now become an increasingly popular smartphone in international markets in terms of mobile video consumption."The BlackBerry remains the most popular smartphone for video consumption in Canada, the United Kingdom, and Venezuela. In total, there were 350 million video views in June. So what videos were the most popular? Take a look:
- Chihuahua dancing Flamenco
- OMG Reversible | Transformable Fashion by Ximena Valero
- South African Idol "Killing Me Softly - The Remix"
- Old Man Invades Interview (Makes Animal Noises)
- Hojiak – Hokkien Song KTV
- Meiji (Chocolate House)
- Man Gets Run Over By Two Trucks
- Summernats 23 - UCSMOKE Qualifying Burnout FIRE!
- Team Hot Wheels – The Yellow Driver’s World Record Jump
- Lioness Tries To Eat Baby at the Zoo