Those who rely on Tap Tap Tap’s Camera+ to capture, edit, and share great moments with the perfect photo(s) now have the opportunity to add custom captions to their images, including optional date, time, and location stamps. Alongside the new caption feature, Camera+ has undergone a few more tweaks to help make photo management easier and quicker.
To add a caption to a photo, tap on it in the Lightbox and select the Edit option. Next, navigate to the borders section and choose the frame that best exalts the image. From here, tap on the Captions button near the bottom-right corner. Each border style has a specific caption location and font to best complement the frame. Of course, the caption can be anything from a quote to a short description of how the scene came about.
In addition to manually entered text, the captions area contains buttons to automatically insert the current date, the date the photo was taken, and the location to varying accuracies. Below those options, tapping the clock icon brings up a list of previous caption text you’ve entered on any photo. Once caption entering is complete, you can move onto further editing or save and share it via email, social networks, etc.
Further changes and additions provided in Camera+ v2.3 include:
• Improved performance in several areas of the app, especially making choosing effects much more responsive
• The pop-up bar that appears when you tap a photo in the Lightbox has a new style that includes icon + text
- Copy is now accomplished by tapping and holding the photo
• A “Save Without Edits and Keep” item is now accessible by either tapping and holding “Save” in the pop-up bar or “Save” on the multiple selection screen
• Facebook uploads are now full-resolution photos
• Added a crash reporting mechanism that will enable us to better track-down and fix any problems you’re having
• Fixed a bug where EXIF data was missing in photos when AutoSave was set to save to Camera Roll
• Various minor bug fixes and enhancements
Camera+ is designed for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 3.1 or later, and available in the App Store now at the discounted price of just $.99.