PopCap Games has announced the immediate availability of their new iPad app, Peggle HD. First launched on PC and Mac in 2007, Peggle has been downloaded more than 30 million times and launches for iOS at a special introductory price.
Available for just $2.99 for a limited time, Peggle HD combines elements of pinball, pool, and pachinko to create a completely different kind of game experience. The game challenges players to use skill, strategy, and luck to clear progressively more difficult levels of orange pegs by firing a small silver ball from the top of the screen.
According to Andrew Stein, director of mobile business development at PopCap:
“We’re bringing Peggle in all of its glory to mobile gamers everywhere with this fully optimized adaptation, exclusively for the iPad. Peggle HD delivers riveting game action familiar to millions of fans of the original PC blockbuster, and is enhanced with Game Center achievements, like First Bjorn and Circus Daredevil, an in-app purchase option for Peggle Nights, as well as vibrant high-definition color and detail that offers the best of on-the-go entertainment to scores of iPad gamers.”
Game Features include:
FOUR WAYS TO PLAY
- Clear all the levels and train with the Peggle Masters in Adventure mode. Revisit your favorite levels in Quick Play. Face off with friends or your iPhone or iPod touch in Duel. Unlock Challenge mode and prove that you have become a Peggle Master.
ACTION ON MANY LEVELS
- Raise the Fevermeter in spectacular, colorful levels including snow banks, tulip fields and outer space.
MASTER MAGIC POWERS
- Hone your skills with the help of 10 Peggle Masters and learn their magical skills.
EXTREME PRECISION WHEEL
- Fine-tune your aim to bust more pegs with every shot.
COOL NEW STYLE SHOTS
- Rack up more bonus points with tricky shots like Off the Wall, Double Long Shot and Eye of the Pyramid.
- Build a shrine to your own awesomeness in the new Peggle Trophy Room.
SAVE AND REPLAY YOUR BEST SHOTS
- Relive your Peggle glory and show your friends your most spectacular shots!
Peggle HD is available now in the App Store.
Based in Seattle, Washington, PopCap was founded in 2000 and has a worldwide staff of more than 400 people in Seattle, San Francisco, Vancouver, B.C., Dublin, Seoul, Shanghai and Tokyo. In July, EA purchased PopCap for $750 million in cash and stock.