A brand new Garmin iOS app is now available to download. “StreetPilot onDemand,” which is available in the App Store for just $0.99, provides users with a personal navigation service designed for both walkers and drivers.
As outlined in the app’s release notes:
Garmin StreetPilot® onDemand brings the power of Garmin navigation to your iPhone® with rich navigation features for walking or driving, a simple and intuitive user interface, and an amazingly low price. Using your data connection, StreetPilot onDemand always has access to the most up-to-date maps for the U.S. and Canada so you can navigate with confidence whether you’re on foot or in the car. Install the app while you’re on-the-go and begin navigating in minutes.
The application also comes with one month’s subscription to Garmin’s “Premium Navigation with Traffic” service. This feature allows users to view information on public transport, kind of like Google Live Transit Updates. After the month is out, users can subscribe to this service for $2.99 per month, or $29.99 for a year’s subscription. (And until September 14, yearly subscriptions are just $19.99.)
Now, back to the app itself. As outlined in StreetPilot onDemand‘s release notes, features of the application (and subscription) include:
- Navigate in the car with voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions including street names
- Access real-time traffic updates and see the estimated traffic delay along your route
- View speed limits for most major roads
- Know the correct lane before it’s too late with lane guidance and photoReal junction views
- Navigate while walking with routes that integrate public transportation into your itinerary
- See 3D buildings and landmarks for added awareness while navigating
Below, we’ve included some screenshots of StreetPilot onDemand. As mentioned, the app can be yours for just $0.99. Take a look at it now in the App Store, and let us know your thoughts in the comments.