Besides an improved processor and camera over its predecessor, the iPhone 4S will arrive exclusively with Siri personal assistant functionality. What exactly does that mean? We’ve got the answers, courtesy of Tuaw.
Siri is all about making its owner’s life more organized. As such, the service is actually prepared to answer many, many questions. These are broken down into the following categories:
- Address Book: Querying Contacts, Finding Contacts, Relationships
- Calendars: Adding Events, Changing Events, Asking About Events
- Alarms: Setting Alarms, Checking the Clock, Using a Timer
- Email: Sending Messages, Checking Messages, Responding to Messages
- Friends: Checking Up on Friends
- Maps: Directions, Local Businesses
- Messages: Sending Texts, Reading Texts, Replying to Texts
- Music: Playback
- Notes: Creating and Finding Notes
- Phone: Phone Calls
- Reminders: Requesting Reminders
- Stocks: Checking Stocks
For example, under Calendar you may say one of the following:
Asking about events
What does the rest of my day look like?
What’s on my calendar for Friday?
When is my next appointment?
When am I meeting with Michael?
Where is my next meeting?
Or under Friends:
Checking Up on Friends
◦ Where’s Jason?
◦ Where is my sister?
◦ Is my wife at home?
◦ Where are all my friends?
◦ Who is here?
◦ Who is near me?
Finally, under Stocks:
◦ What’s Apple’s stock price?
◦ What is Apple’s PE ratio?
◦ What did Yahoo close at today?
◦ How is the Nikkei doing?
◦ How are the markets doing?
◦ What is the Dow at?
For an entire list of phrases, visit Tuaw.
Siri looks to change how many of us use a smartphone. As such, we can’t wait to get our hands on an iPhone 4S. As a reminder, iPhone 4S preorders begin tomorrow, October 7 at 12 a.m. PDT. The iPhone 4S arrives in the U.S., Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Japan and the U.K. beginning Friday, October 14. By the end of October (likely October 28), the new phone will arrive in 22 more countries. These include: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.