Facebook Messenger today received a modest update. The mobile messaging service now includes faster message scrolling and a quicker startup, among other improvements.
First launched for iOS in August, Facebook Messenger lets users send messages instantly to other friends also using Messenger.
Among its features, Facebook Messenger includes:
- Chat with friends who are on Facebook
- Get free push notifications for incoming messages
- Add location and photos to messages
- Reach friends via text message if they don’t have Messenger yet
- Access sent and received messages on both Messenger and Facebook
- Create group conversations for making plans on the go
- Add more friends to group conversations at any time
- Control alert and location settings for each conversation
The Version 1.5.2. update also includes a fix for the app’s “blue screen” startup crash, Retina display photos for friend chooser, and bug fixes.
The free Facebook Messenger is available now for the iPhone/iPod touch in the App Store.