You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| December 21, 2011
Kindle For iOS Update: Cloud Storage, New Design For iPad Magazine Viewing And More
The Kindle iOS app has just received a major update. Most notably, Kindle on the iPad now has a brand new design for viewing and managing all of the magazines now available to users of that device. Also, on all devices, the library is reorganized allowing you to view your books, Newsstand, and documents all in one place. Not to mention, the ability to view PDFs in-app (all devices) is now here and it’s incredible. Just in case you haven’t rushed to download, or update, yet, the rest of the updates are detailed below (from the app description):
iPad:Kindle is available as a universal app for free in the App Store. [gallery]
iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch:
- New Design for Magazines: Kindle for iPad customers now have access to the huge selection of over 400 magazines and newspapers that are available on Kindle Fire. Magazines such as Martha Stewart Living, Food Network Magazine, Cosmopolitan, Men’s Health, Popular Science and many more are displayed in rich full-color pages. Customers can buy a single issue or subscribe to popular magazines and leading newspapers and have them wirelessly delivered to the Kindle for iPad app.
- Read print replica textbooks including rich formatting and layout of the print editions and support for notes and highlights, zoom and pan, and linked table of contents.
- Email documents to your new Send-to-Kindle e-mail address and we deliver them to your device. The documents are automatically archived in the Amazon Cloud and available for re-download on your iOS or supported Kindle devices.
- Open PDFs from Mail or Safari, by transferring them from iTunes, or by sending them to your Send-to-Kindle email address. The Kindle PDF reader supports PDF table of contents and thumbnail navigation for quickly jumping through the document.
- New library organization allows you to view your Kindle Books, Newsstand, and Docs.