Cynapse has finally released version two of this handy app, and it’s chock full of new features, not to mention redesigned.
What’s New In Version 2.0:
- Reimagined and redesigned to provide geo tagged rich media along with local information
- 6 new sources: Facebook places, Instagram, Flickr, Panoramio, Picasa and YouTube
- Brand new gallery view for browsing geo tagged images and video
- Enabled Discover mode for Bing and Wikimapia sources
- New source manager interface for Discover and Search – Enable, disable or re-order sources to your liking
- New home dashboard
- Results are now ordered by distance, nearest first
- Richer list view, now displays star ratings and counts for checkins, likes and other relevant info.
- Redesigned detail view – Now shows a lot of rich information from every source
- Quick next/previous navigation between result details
- Gesture driven image slideshow for viewing full screen pictures from the detail view
- Improved map and augmented reality views with smoother transitions and animations
- Refresh buttons for Map and Augmented Reality views
- Improved source slider designed to easily switch between a large number of sources
- Now, flick or tap the source slider to switch sources
- New navigation app integration – iGo Primo
- Richer location sharing via Email and Facebook
- “Browse All Nearby” is now “Discover”
- New in-app help and FAQ
- Completely redesigned architecture provides for much improved performance
- Enhanced overall user experience with improved gestures, animations and sounds
- Super optimized for the iPhone 4S for blazingly fast performance
We’re really liking what we see — this app just keeps getting better and better.
Giveaway: But wait! Cynapse has offered us five promo codes to give away to our readers. So, if you want a chance at getting this great location app absolutely free, just leave a comment on this post (with a valid email address) by Friday, Dec. 23 at 5 p.m. PST. We’ll pick the winners randomly. Good luck!