If you’re not familiar with the Mac version of Skitch, let me tell you that – after Safari, Mail et. al. – it’s probably the most used application installed on my MacBook. For every lead image resize, I turn to Skitch; if ever I want to annotate an image, adding text or arrows, I turn to Skitch. The application is well-designed and most importantly, simple and easy to use. Which is why it’s great that Evernote has launched Skitch for iPad in the App Store.
As outlined in the app’s release notes, features include:
- Annotate: Add arrows, shapes and text to existing images
- Create: Draw something new
- Edit: Reposition, recolor and remove your annotations at will
- Share: Send your sketches and annotations over Twitter, Facebook and email
- Present: Show your work in real time via AirPlay on Apple TV
- Remember: Save everything to Evernote for later
You can also use Skitch to:
- Sketch and share
- Point out objects and locations in a photo
- Brainstorm design ideas with your team
- Identify a point of interest on a map
- Annotate a screenshot of your awesome high score
- Have fun!
Best of all, Skitch for iPad is available to download for free. Take a look at the recently released application, and be sure to post your thoughts in the comments.