The popular Sparrow for Mac application has recently received an update, which adds three new features to the app: Dropbox integration, improved search and remote image blocking.
Though we usually strictly talk about Apple’s iOS here at AppAdvice, every now and then a Mac app comes along that we just can’t help discussing. Since its launch in the Mac App Store, Sparrow has been one of those apps: undoubtedly, it’s one of the best third party email clients for Mac, and the great thing about the app is that an iPhone version is expected to launch soon.
Recently, the Mac application received an update that adds three new features to the app. As outlined in the application’s release notes, these features are:
- Dropbox integration. Drag, drop, send (and sync). Sending a mail with attachment has never been simpler.
- Improved search with tokens and suggestions.
- Remote image blocking for a better Spam control.
Furthermore, the following bug fixes have been made:
- Unread count issue
- iCloud sync bug
- Unified Inbox sync bug
- Font size is kept in composer
- Encoding issue for Korean, Japanese, Russian and Arabic
Currently, Sparrow for Mac is available to download in the Mac App Store for $9.99. However, for those of you who like to try before you buy, a free version is also available.
Let us know your thoughts on the update in the comments.