The application automatically edits selected videos, merging them together and adding a preselected backing track, eventually producing a fully-edited movie in a matter of seconds. Vidify is impressive, and much easier than using a more complex video-editing iPhone app like iMovie.
As outlined in the app’s release notes:
Vidify automatically edits music videos and montage videos on the fly using the footage from your camera roll and a soundtrack from your iPod library. No editing required. Simply select multiple videos and your song and Vidify does the rest.
Vidify is an incredibly simple, fun and fast way of creating videos.
- Select Multiple Videos.
- Select Song.
In three quick steps you’ll be creating professional-style edited videos to watch on your phone or share with your friends via email, Facebook, and Youtube. [sic]
Now you can instantly make something interesting with all the videos on your phone without even thinking about an editing program. Share videos of special events, holidays, weddings, etc.
Bands – You don’t need an editing program to create professional looking music videos. Simply upload your track to your iPod library, shoot and Vidify.
Highlights of the application include:
- Simple, fun to use interface.
- Fast processing times.
- Use source footage shot with any video app to create videos.
- Use as few or as many videos as you like for source material.
- Use any track from your iPod music library as the soundtrack to your video.
- Featured Music library with hand-picked license-free music by independent bands and artists.
- Effects and filters to enhance your videos.
- Advanced features for users who want more control of their videos.
- Uses the iPhone’s built in processor so there’s no need for a wireless connection.
- Effortlessly share with your friends on Facebook, YouTube, or by email.
- Play wirelessly on your Apple TV.
- Join a community of users to check out what the rest of the world is doing with Vidify.
Currently, Vidify is available to download in the App Store for $1.99. It’s currently compatible with the iPhone and iPod touch only. Take a look at the recently released app now, and be sure to post your thoughts in the comments.