Comic Viewer (iPad only) has just been updated to version 3.0. The app already boasts a number of great features. Some of which include an iBooks-style interface to browse and view your comics, an in-app browser that allows you to download comics over Wi-Fi and 3G, and support for your CBR, CBZ, JPG, PNG, and GIF comic files. The version 3.0 update now brings even more to the table.
As outlined in the app’s release notes, this update’s features include:
• Fullscreen mode: A single tap automatically scales each page to fill the screen width
• Metadata: Add detailed information about your comics.
• Table view: Display all your comics in a scrollable list. Sort by bookshelf order, title, series, or genre.
- Search your library. Title, Description, and character fields.
• Page turns: Realistic page turning animations and sound
• Multi-page preview: View thumbnails of all the pages in a comic
• Bookmarks: Bookmark individual pages
• Custom sort order: Rearrange comics on your bookshelf in any order.
• Background choices: Page, white, black, gray, texture
• Stats: Details on your library, including total number of comics, unopened, finished; total pages, bookmarked.
• Landscape reading can display one or two pages
• Finished status, indicator lets you know when you’ve viewed the last page of a comic
• Reading status preference: Option to turn off display of reading status (e.g. Unopened, Finished)
• Stack count: displays number of comics a stack contains
• Translucent graphite theme: Less obtrusive tool bars and sliders, puts focus on the comic
• Manga mode: Set comics to read from right to left (applies to page turn and slider controls)
ENHANCEMENT & FIXES
• Improved performance and reliability: Rewritten from the ground up using Apple’s Core Data for persistent storage.
- Faster imports
- More flexible handling of non-standard archive structures (e.g. double compressed, multiple folders, etc.)
- Stacks are now persistent (i.e. comics no longer come unstacked)
• Comics added to iTunes while app is running will be added without relaunching the app
• Comics added to iTunes while app is running in background now display progress indicator when app is relaunched
• Brightness slider now follows same direction as Settings and iBooks
If you’re a fan of comics, be sure to check out this app or update it if you already use it. The new features are sure to be appreciated by longtime users, especially the fullscreen mode.