We told you that Day One for iOS was updated, and then we warned you to hold off on that update. Well, good news, folks! Update away! The bug causing entries to zero out is now fixed and you can safely restore your entries by going to Settings > Help > Restore Lost Entries within the app itself.
But wait! We have more news! We waited patiently and the updated version of Day One for Mac is finally here; and it has even more amazing features to love. If you haven’t had the pleasure of using this journaling app, trust me: get it now. You won’t regret it. And with all of these wonderful updates, it’s truly better than ever.
What’s New in Version 1.5 (from the app description):
- Auto Save
- Auto Backup
- Markdown / MultiMarkdown (in Read and Edit Modes)
- Lion Full Screen mode
- Font Size preference
- Font / Styles (Sans, Serif, Monospaced)
- Auto Bold First Lines (Titles)
- UI Transitions
- Improved Day / Read layouts
- Entry preview on hover (Days & Starred View)
- Live sync UI updates
- Command S to Save
- Improved Export Format (with Markdown)
- Improved Dropbox sync
- On Startup Preference
- Journal Merging
- Settings cog on Main Menu
- Spelling and Grammar Preferences
- Keyboard Navigation and Controls
What’s your favorite new feature of Day One? Mine is Markdown support.