The universal LogMeIn application has lost its $30 price-tag, and is now available to download in the App Store for free. However, in order to access some of the app’s more “premium” features, users must spend $39.99 annually via an in-app subscription to upgrade to LogMeIn Pro.
The free application allows users to access their computer from an iOS device. From within the app, users can control their computer and access files, and even remotely run applications.
As outlined in the app’s release notes, features of the free app include:
- Access your home and work computers on the go.
- Control your Mac or PC as if you’re sitting right in front of it.
- Get to your computer files and edit them from your iPad or iPhone.
- Remotely run any application on your computer from your iPad or iPhone.
- Fix computer problems remotely for business or personal IT.
However, a $39.99 in-app subscription can unlock the following features:
- HD video and sound streaming for seamless remote control from any device or Pro enabled computer (available for Windows, Mac coming soon)
- My Cloud Bank integration that links your LogMeIn app with popular cloud services
- File Manager for transferring files and folders between computers and saving them to your device
- Remote printing to any AirPrint compatible printer
- Photo App Management for accessing and transferring photos from/to your iPad or iPhone photo library
The application can run over Wi-Fi or a 3G cellular data network, and really does work very well.
Besides the free application, LogMeIn also launched a separate $99.99 Ignition app, which includes almost all of the above premium features but does not require a subscription – instead, customers pay the $100 one-time fee. This is the same LogMeIn Ignition application that was previously available, and Apple fans who already purchased the application (back when it was $30) can access the new features via an app update.
As mentioned, LogMeIn can be downloaded for free in the App Store, while Ignition is available for $99.99. Take a look at the applications now, and be sure to let us know your thoughts in the comments.