You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| March 1, 2012
AR.Drone 2.0 Pre-Order Is Announced For Those In The United States, Others Coming Soon
Shown at this year's Consumer Electronics Show, Parrot's AR.Drone 2.0 appeared to grab as much attention as the original. Of course, many have been waiting to get their hands on the revised model. Earlier today, Parrot posted that fans in the United States can pre-order a unit from Brookstone starting March 1. To recap, the AR.Drone 2.0 is a major enhancement of the original quadricopter. This latest model features HD video streaming and capture, improved Wi-Fi, two additional sensors, upgraded gyro, and much more. You can discover further details by reading our AR.Drone CES 2012 announcement article. In the box, you'll receive a(n):
- AR.Drone 2.0 quadricopter
- Lithium-ion polymer battery pack
- Charger with international adapters
- Aerodynamic outdoor hull
- Protective indoor hull
- Colored stickers for augmented reality games
- Colored target for augmented reality games
- Double-sided tape for quick, makeshift repairs
- Director mode – The AR.Drone can perform a 360º panorama spin, a slow ascent, or a sideways video capture to create some very dramatic video clips.
- Absolute mode – Designed to help beginners, this mode always moves the AR.Drone in the direction you tilt your iDevice, no matter which way the quadricopter is facing.
- The traditional control scheme, now referred to as “relative” mode, is still available for pilots who prefer more realistic handling