You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| February 27, 2012
Vimeo for iOS Receives 2.0 Update
It's been almost a year since Vimeo released their much anticipated iOS app. While the app featured some strong video editing features, along with the expected viewing options, it was significantly lacking iPad support. Vimeo is looking to make amends for this however, as they have just released a major new update to their app in version 2.0. The company introduced the update at Mobile World Congress (MWC), an annual mobile industry trade show that runs this year from Feb. 27 through March 1 in Barcelona, Spain. [caption id="attachment_275104" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="The new iPad UI is a real joy to use"][/caption] The update is completely free and finally brings with it native support for the iPad. Vimeo 2.0 allows for either full screen video playback or the option to simultaneously watch a video while browsing other content. The full change list for the 2.0 update includes:
The Vimeo 2.0 update is absolutely beautiful and available right now from the App Store. It is a highly recommended download! Are you a Vimeo user? If not does the Vimeo 2.0 update tempt you to give it a try?
- New, native iPad UI and an updated, easier to use iPhone UI
- Vimeo Music Store integration in the video editor
- Shoot video, create projects, and browse our featured channels without logging in or signing up
- View your Subscriptions, Likes, and Watch Later album
- Share, add comments, and view licenses, credits, and likes on other peoples’ videos