Following Apple’s iPad event, the company is now making iOS 5.1 available for existing iOS devices. Among the new tools are Japanese language support for Siri and the ability to delete photos from Photo Stream.
Additional features, including bug fixes are:
- Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
- Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
- Redesigned Camera app for iPad
- Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
- Audio for TV programs and films on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
- Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30-second rewind for iPad
- Addresses bugs affecting battery life
- Fixes an issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls
The new update is arriving now to customers over the air. From the Settings app, go to General > Software Update. If you haven’t received the update yet, give it some time. Apple’s servers, as you might expect, are in overdrive today.