Version 1.2 of Paper Monsters now supports the new iPad’s Retina display, and can now be played with the iCade. This means those cute cardboard graphics will look even better than they already did, and Paper Monsters’ smooth platforming gameplay can be even better with the iCade. Of course, the new update also brings some crucial bug fixes.
As stated in the app’s release notes, more of this game’s features include:
- Classic 2d sidescrolling gameplay with gorgeous 3d environments.
- iCade fully supported
- Original and adorable characters
- Awesome original soundtrack – headphones recommended!
- Fun under water and flying powerups.
- Two control types: “floating” Joystick or classic touchpad
- Game Center Leaderboards
- Adventure and Hunt for hidden Game Center Achievements
- 16 Large Levels across 4 unique worlds
- Tons of secret areas!
- High score dash mode for endless replay value!
- Airplay Mirroring
- Fun for all ages
- Universal for iPhone, iPod, and iPad
- Retina support for the New iPad
For those who haven’t had a chance to play Paper Monsters ,it can best be described as a cross between Little Big Planet and Super Mario Bros. in terms of gameplay and visuals. It’s 2-D gameplay with 3-D graphics. You’ll be jumping on baddies, collecting coins, and walking through pipes, just to name a few things. This isn’t a ripoff of old school platformers, but it’s obvious where this game got its inspiration. The game plays beautifully, and looks just as good.
If you haven’t already, be sure to check out Paper Monsters, which is available for $0.99 in the App Store.