The Daily has launched its Angry Birds Space Guide app. The free app, which is available for the iPhone/iPod touch and iPad, offers fans an exclusive look at Rovio’s fourth game in the Angry Birds series, which arrives in the App Store on March 22.
The Guide includes scoops on the characters and gameplay, exclusive photos and features, and takes consumers behind-the-scenes of the Angry Birds Space game.
According to Daniel Dumas, Deputy Technology Editor, The Daily:
“None of us really knew what we were getting into when we traveled 4,000 miles and seven time zones to do this story. But after fighting jet lag, subzero temperatures, and some fierce deadlines I think we’ve created something wholly unique. The Daily’s Angry Birds Space Guide is chock full of exclusive content about the game you won’t find anywhere else. It also takes readers on a wild tour of the cosmos — everything from its deepest mysteries to the people who explore it — and makes this special edition truly amazing.”
Full app features include:
- Insider information on the new features in the game
- An introduction to the new bird characters
- Behind the scenes with the developers in Helsinki
- Video of the lead artist drawing the new characters – and teaching The Daily how to do it
- Educational information about space and links to cool space apps
- Information on space tourism at work
- 360 degree photo of the Milky Way
This is the fifth custom publication offered by The Daily since its February 2011 launch. Others include: The Official Super Bowl Commemorative App with the NFL, The Daily’s Pro-Football Guide, The Gift and Gadget Guide, The College Bowl Guide 2011-12, and The Elizabeth Taylor Tribute Magazine.