You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Bryan M. Wolfe
| April 3, 2012
Groove 2 Arrives In App Store, Includes Last.fm, iTunes Match Integration
Tired of Apple’s own Music app? Groove 2 makes listening to music on your iPad fun again. Best of all, for a limited time, the universal app is 50 percent off its original price. First launched in June, Groove 2 was called one of the “Top 10 iPad Apps of 2011, So Far” by AppAdvice. Now, the $1.99 app is better than ever thanks to its 2.0.1 release. Groove 2 includes the ability to Scrobble songs you listen to directly to Last.fm without first connecting your iDevice to iTunes. In addition, the app is now fully integrated for iTunes Match users. For this, you can choose to stream music only through Wi-Fi or access Matched songs over 3G/4G. You can now also search your music library and create instant mixes in just a few steps. Other key features include the ability to automatically sort your favorite music and suggest a wide variety of mixes based on your listening habits, and being able to control playback using a mini player. In addition, Groove 2 includes:
On a less positive note, Groove 2 hasn't yet been updated for Retina display support on the new iPad. Hopefully, that improvement will arrive soon in a new update. We've never been thrilled with Apple's own Music app on the iPad, and as such, see Groove 2 as a worthy alternative. Plus, the app also works on the iPhone/iPod touch! Download it today for just $1.99, instead of its normal price of $3.99.
- Rediscover forgotten favorites from your own music library.
- Download missing album artwork, artist photos and bios.
- Automatically organizes your music in tags (pop, metal, indie, electronic, etc.).
- When you’re in the car, use smart gestures to control volume, playback and get new mixes while keeping your eyes on the road.
- Search your music library and create instant mixes in just a few taps.