You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| April 22, 2012
Photogene For iPad Updated: Brings New Tools, A Price Drop And More
Photogene for iPad ($0.99), a powerful photo editing app, has just been updated for the first time since January. As outlined in the app's release notes, this new update brings a variety of of new features, including:
There are many photo-editing apps available, but Photogene stands out from the rest because of its beautiful interface and powerful editing tools. Photogene for iPad is available in the App Store for $0.99 (currently down from $2.99). You can find our original review of Photogene for iPad here if you're still skeptical.
- Support for retina display on the new iPad.
- Greatly improved resolution during editing (on iPad 2 and above).
- Now taking advantage of dual-core on iPad 2 and above. Save/export takes much less time.
- New editing tools:
- Gradients. Add color adjustments or filters as gradient transitions (in the "enhance" section).
- Annotations: new tool for adding arrows and markers on the photo (in the "text" section).
- Can now rotate text boxes.
- New curves algorithm: makes curves much easier to control.
- Geo-tagging: can add or modify geo-tagging of photos.
- Textual watermarking (available with the GO-PRO upgrade).
- New filter: oil-painting.
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed bug that prevented uploading more than 2 photos at once to Dropbox.
- Fixed bug when using "original filenames" with FTP.
- Improved stability throughout the app.