Developer Aztlan Games has certainly been busy. The company has not only just released updates to their games Vermes on Mars and Multipods Escalation, but they are also currently working on a completely new title, Tesla Overdrive.
Tesla Overdrive is a teslapunk space shooter. The goal is to travel as far as you can through space, while fighting off a multitude of enemies. You will fight your way from Earth to Mars, and beyond. A trailer has been released for the game, including some gameplay footage:
If you cannot view the embedded video above, it is also available by clicking here.
According to the developer, Tesla Overdrive will feature:
- Several Tesla-punk space fighters
- Lots of electrifying weapons
- Many challenging quests
- A multitude of hostile Diesel-punks
- An abundance of coins
- Pixel-esque artwork
- Great sounds and soundtrack
- Joypad support (http://getjoypad.com/)
- Game Center achievements and leaderboards
- Box2D physics (http://box2d.org/)
- Retina support for the new iPad
- For all iOS-5.0.1+ devices
- English and German localization
Aztlan Games states that Tesla Overdrive is a bit of an experiment for them. The game will utilize a freemium model, with the whole game being unlocked from the start. You are then given the option of buying in game credits if you get stuck or want to enhance your experience in other ways.
Tesla Overdrive looks like great fun, though it faces some stiff competition. Does the game have what it takes to come out on top? Only time will tell. The game will be in the App Store on April 30. Keep an eye on AppAdvice for a review upon release!