You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| May 7, 2012
Apple Releases iOS Version 5.1.1
Apple just released iOS version 5.1.1 this afternoon containing improvements and bug fixes. Here’s the complete changelog:
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:The update weighs in at 54.5 MB on my iPhone 4S and 42.5 MB on my new iPad. You can download the update via iTunes or on your iOS device by choosing Settings/General/Software Update. You must be connected to a Wi-Fi network. Have you noticed any other changes after downloading the update?
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase