If you’re a fan of side-scrolling iOS games, consider downloading Gene Effect – a brand-new iPhone app that puts players in control of a small spacecraft, which must be navigated through the distant alien ore mines of the planet Kratoss (and beyond).
As outlined in the app’s release notes:
Gene Effect is a side scrolling action-adventure. Explore ancient alien mines on the planet Kratoss. Collect resources on your way through deep mines and fight against natural phenomena, biological threats and mechanical devices. You can solve optional puzzles that unlock hidden areas containing relicts, artifacts and other goodies.
Features of the application include:
- Three different difficulty modes that increase the challenge
- Find hidden artifacts to upgrade your ship
- Six different trophies as score, time and skill based rewards
- Statistical overview with interesting facts like overall progress, total playtime, travel distance and many more
- Solve optional puzzles and discover secret places
- Interactive environments with dangerous traps and tons of destructible objects
- Randomly generated level content for varying and dynamic gameplay
- Outstanding visuals using dynamic lighting and real physics
- Unlock 25 music tracks and listen to them with an integrated music player
You can download Gene Effect in the App Store, where it’s available for $2.99 (and is compatible with the iPhone and iPod touch). Below, we’ve included a gallery of screenshots for you to check out. Enjoy!