You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| May 24, 2012
SEGA Launches Virtua Tennis Challenge
After launching in arcades back in 1999, SEGA's Virtua Tennis was ported to the SEGA Dreamcast in 2000. Several ports, sequels, and 13 years later, Virtua Tennis Challenge lands on iOS as Virtua Tennis Challenge. In Virtua Tennis Challenge, you'll be unleashing slice shots, lobs, and top spins through different touch gestures. Compete against 50 players in over 18 different stadiums across the world. Each stadium features different clay, grass, hard, and indoor courts. Virtua Tennis Challenge features several game modes, including:
The graphics in Virtua Tennis looked great even on the Dreamcast, so it's good to see in this trailer that Virtua Tennis Challenge retains those looks: Virtua Tennis Challenge ($4.99) is available in the App Store as a universal app.
- SPT World Tour: Pick a customizable character to compete through full seasons of competition around the globe. Earn money by progressing through matches to buy your way into new tournaments. Each real world day offers new challenges.
- Exhibition Match: Dive into the game and select from any unlocked courts and characters in single or doubles mode.
- Multiplayer: Challenge your friends online over Wifi or face to face over Bluetooth connectivity
- Quick Match Mode: Itching for a one minute dose of Virtua Tennis? Play fast singles challenges to increase your ranking
- Training Mode: Learn from the pros in this practice mode by running through drills