If you aren’t quite ready to splurge on a full-sized iOS-compatable projector like the Epson MegaPlex MG-850HD (which we reviewed here), then perhaps the $99 PoP Video pico projector is for you. Available for pre-order now, this pico projector connects to the 30-pin dock connector on your iPhone or iPod touch. When paired with its companion PoP Video app, you can project content like videos, photos, websites, and even Facebook right on your wall. Let’s take a look at what the Pop Video can do:
Details are scarce, but the PoP Video’s website has these specs listed:
Input and Output
- Input: 30-pin dock connector
- Video Output: qHD (960 x 540 pixel resolution)
Power and Battery
- Battery: Built-in Lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- Playtime: Up to two hours with full battery charge
- Charging: Micro-USB charging (1.2 compliant)
- Charge time: Fast charge in about 4 hours
The fact that the PoP Video displays content from your iDevice at qHD resolution (960 x 540) already gives it the upper hand against other comparable pico projectors, which typically trim content down to 640 x 360. As with all pico projectors, you’ll need to be in a fairly dim room to get the best results.
To pre-order ($99), head over to the PoP Video’s website. Have you used your iDevice with a pico projector before?