Back in November, we reviewed an app called Shoebox that essentially turns your iPhone into a mobile photo scanner. Today, Shoebox v2.0 has hit the App Store and brings several new features, including a completely new interface, enhanced privacy controls, a new way to organize your scans into “shoeboxes,” and performance enhancements.
As outlined in the app’s release notes, some of Shoebox’s other features include:
- Shoebox’s edge detection, color balance, and perspective correction make sure your scans turn out beautifully
- Organize your scans into collections of shoeboxes
- Fill in a photo’s backstory by tagging people, dates and location info
- Custom privacy options for every shoebox you create
- Share photos instantly to Twitter or your Facebook Timeline
- Free storage for an unlimited number of photos
With Shoebox, there’s no reason to let your old photographs collect dust. With Mother’s Day coming up, Shoebox is a great way to share old family photos, or to store any new ones you may be taking.