The King of Fighters-i 2012 features an enormous roster of 32 characters to choose from. Of those 32 characters, 20 of them are returning from The King of Fighters-i-, while the remaining 12 come from four new “ART OF FIGHTING”, “PSYCHO SOLDIER”, “KIM”, and “IKARI” teams. This release is packed to the brim with content, as single player alone has six different game modes. As far as multiplayer goes, you’ll be able to challenge your friends and anyone else either locally via Bluetooth, or globally via Wi-Fi.
This 2-D fighting game looks great on the iPhone, as you can see in this video:
Here are just some of the features of The King of Fighters-i 2012, as stated in the app’s release notes:
- A SINGLE-PLAYER MODE RICH IN CONTENT
- 6 game modes are available for thousands of hours of enjoyment even when playing alone: “SINGLE BATTLE” for 1-on-1 fights, “TEAM BATTLE” for classic KOF 3-on-3 gameplay, “ENDLESS” Mode to defeat as many opponents as possible with one character, “CHALLENGE” Mode to clear trials by fulfilling requirements, the newly introduced “TIME ATTACK” Mode to compete for the best clear times by winning 10 matches, and “TRAINING” Mode to get accustomed to the Virtual Pad-based controls and practice your combos.
- VS BATTLES FROM ALL OVER VIA WI-FI
- A”RANK VERSUS” Mode, in which your player ranking changes depending on your number of victories and losses, as well as a “FRIEND VERSUS” Mode, where your rank is not reflected, are available.
- Challenge the strongest players from all over!
In addition to the beefed up single player and versus modes, the trading card elements from the first KoF title have been greatly improved and expanded upon.
You can get The King of Fighters-i 2012 in the App Store for $6.99. That price is a bit steep, especially considering that this game is iPhone only.