Launched in 2010, Music Unlimited allows users to listen to music tracks across a variety of connected devices, including HDTVs, Android-based smartphones, Blu-ray players, PlayStation 3, and now on iDevices. At its launch, Sony’s Music Unlimited app will be available with two monthly subscriptions: Music Unlimited ($3.99) and Premium ($9.99).
Music Unlimited Features
- Stream as much as you want.
- Enjoy ad-free Channels programmed in a wide range of genres, moods, eras, and more. No skip limits.
- Listen to your personal collection of songs and playlists when matched via any PC using Music Sync. Sync requires that music content exists in the catalog. Copy protected content is not supported.
- Discover your next favorite song with Music Unlimited’s recommendations. Listen to your music from your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. (Wi-Fi only)
Premium Subscribers also get:
- Play any song on demand from the Music Unlimited catalog of millions of tracks.
- Add any song or album from the catalog to your personal library for easier access.
- Add to and edit playlists you create on the Music Unlimited web application.
- Browse Premium Channels and the top songs in your favorite genres.
- Listen to new releases added weekly.
At launch, Sony is offering new users 30 days of free access to their premium service.
The Sony Music Unlimited app will be available in 14 countries including the United States, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, New Zealand, Spain, United Kingdom, Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden.
Of late, iPhone and iPad owners have had a growing choice of streaming music providers. In addition to Spotify, which arrived last year, iOS customers can choose from Pandora Radio, Slacker Radio and Rdio, among others.
Are you going to try Music Unlimited or have you already selected a streaming music service?