Less than a month after their previous update, the Tweetbot apps for iPhone/iPod touch and iPad have received another significant refresh. Version 2.4 includes a number of new features to help you navigate through the world that is Twitter.
Tweetbot Version 2.4 now includes the ability to check for keywords based on location. In addition, nearby tweets have been added with the ability to change location. Other features include Trends, Top Tweets, and People categories moving to the app’s browse section. Most significantly, the new version includes new offline favorite and read later support.
Addition features include:
- Updated Search view
- Improved search box for efficiency.
- Can now change trends location from the search view
- Double-tap search tab to open search with keyboard
- Keyword mute filters (with regex option and ability to mute mentions as well)
- Basic smart quote support when composing (ex: quotes become smart quotes, … becomes an ellipsis, and — becomes an em dash)
- When viewing an image full screen on the iPad you can hold down on it for options
- List views now show one line of a list or profile description on the iPad
- Top tweets show up in search results (marked by silver star violator)
- Dismiss web and map views on the iPad with a 2-finger swipe down gesture.
- Can now swipe to the right on profile views to go back one level
- Improved find location speed and accuracy
- Sending to pinboard now marks items as unread
- Muting a client automatically mutes mentions from that client as well
- Fixed iPad bug where you couldn’t take profile photos with the camera
- Fixed missing tweet sound when publishing a tweet.
- Various other bug fixes
Tweetbot – A Twitter Client with Personality for iPhone and Tweetbot – A Twitter Client with Personality for iPad are both available in the App Store. Each is priced at $2.99.