If you spend a lot of time on Kickstarter, you’ll probably see some awful ideas. Fortunately, there are some good ideas, too. More often than not, you’ll see something that’s already been done, but someone’s just out to do it better. That’s the case with Une Bobine (French for “a coil”).
Une Bobine is constructed from a “very specific metal gooseneck material” and allows you to charge, sync, and stand your iPhone in any position you can imagine (think: Hoverbar, but for iPhone). If you aren’t so imaginative, here are some things Une Bobine can do, according to its Kickstarter page:
- Look very cool on your desk or table
- Charge iPhone by connecting to USB or a wall charger
- Sync iPhone with iTunes by connecting to USB
- Adjust based on your mood
- Hold iPhone in your car
- Place iPhone at eye level for FaceTime
- Hold iPhone steady for photography and videography
By no means is Une Bobine innovative, but its charming simplicity is enough to get my approval. With three weeks left to go Une Bobine has already blown past its $9,800 goal and has earned about $85,000 so far.
A minimum pledge of $25 will get you your choice of Une Bobine either 12 or 24-inches long. To make a pledge, or see more of Une Bobine, visit Kickstarter.
Where would you use Une Bobine?