Released in March, Index Card v3.0 added a new viewing mode, export options, and expanded interaction capabilities. In the recently published v3.1 update, DenVog has further improved the import and export system, finished enhancing graphics, and made some other tweaks in response to user feedback.
To start things off nice and simple, we’ll just quickly mention that Index Card v3.1 finally has all Retina display worthy graphics, including app icon and binder clip. Now, we’ll get into the more substantial goodies.
There’s no argument that the integration of AirPrint and the ability to export projects to other iOS apps were great export options additions. However, it seems there has been some confusion, specifically, users not realizing where the AirPrint option is accessible. Therefore, DenVog has changed the “Preview” option within the Action menu to “Preview and Print.”
Flipping to the other side, namely importing, Index Card v3.1 now features two-way in-app Dropbox access for convenient shared project opening. A bit odd, this new option is accessible in the Settings menu, titled “Copy from Dropbox.” I would have guessed it to be grouped under actions, but this approach doesn’t involve any extra taps when compared to the Action menu anyway.
In the areas of creation and editing, DenVog has made two modifications, the inclusion of the hyphen key on the extended keyboard and a “Cancel” confirmation. They may sound small, but these changes can be extremely significant in the right scenarios.
To finish things off, here is the list of corrections and related issue adjustments as noted by DenVog:
- Addressed an issue where closing the app while renaming a column heading caused the app to quit on next launch
- Fixed an issue where adding new cards in column view did not display if main corkboard was listing stack contents
- Disable the dragging of multiple cards at once, that was causing a crash
- Addressed case where an imported project initially displayed 0 stack count, even though it contained cards
- Unstacking cards will now place them at the bottom of the card list
- Fixed scenario where moving cards between projects did not always retain their order
- Additional save points
Index Card for iPad is compatible with iOS 4.2 or later, and available in the App Store for $4.99.