Magic the Gathering – Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 (known more informally in the App Store as “Magic 2013″) is now available to download for the iPad. The app – which is the latest installation in the hit “Magic: The Gathering” franchise – allows players to travel across the plane of the Shandalar, and do battle with the fearful Planeswalkers.
In the app, fans can take advantage of a number of new features, such as statistics-tracking for games and the option to choose what lands to tap when casting spells. As outlined in the app’s release notes, features of Magic 2013 include:
- 3 decks with 5 unlockable cards each
- Single-player campaign across the plane of Shandalar
- 4 deadly opponents, including the Planeswalker Garruk Wildspeaker
- Encounters, a new feature in which you test your skills against different preset AI strategies
- Planechase mode, which changes the rules with a randomized deck of cards based on the planes of the Magic Multiverse
Furthermore, though Magic 2013 is available to download for free, a bunch of “premium” features can be accessed via in-app purchases, including:
- 7 additional decks to unlock
- 250+ additional cards unlockable through play
- 18 additional Campaign levels across the planes of Ravnica, Alara, and Innistrad, plus 11 revenge matches and 3 Planechase battles.
- 10 puzzling challenges
- Online one-on-one Multiplayer play
- Two-Headed Giant and Custom game modes
- Pit yourself against the Multiverse’s ultimate evil mastermind, the dragon Planeswalker Nicol Bolas, in the single-player campaign
- Access to deck key and foil conversion in-app purchases
- Additional downloadable content as it becomes available
Below, we’ve included a gallery of screenshots of the application in action for your viewing pleasure. Take a look at the free Magic 2013 in the iPad App Store now, and show those Planeswalkers who’s boss!