A new iPhone app called mivault (free) allows Apple fans to keep track of their purchases – including information such as receipts, serial numbers and warranty – in an easy-to-use application and Web service.
Once downloaded and installed, mivault users can start entering information on items they’ve purchased. The app automatically adds info such as product manuals and images, special warranties and more. Furthermore, mivault sends out push notifications for warranty expiration dates, return dates and for users’ own personal reminders.
As outlined in the app’s release notes, here’s a full list of mivault’s features:
- easily inventory, organize and manage the things you buy and own
- everything related to a product is easily found in one place
- detailed cloud-based records for insurance purposes
- mivault adds relevant links to your products
- receipts are linked to the product, so no more looking through shoe boxes
- access manuals that are automatically linked to your product
- receive reminders for returns, warranty expiration or set custom reminders
- user defined tags make sorting and finding related products easy
- temporary receipt feature allows you to quickly organize and access receipts you may only need for a little while
Information entered in mivault is synced between the iPhone app and the online Web-based service, meaning users can access their mivault lists either from an iDevice or from a computer.
All in all, mivault seems like a decent service – especially if you have draws cluttered with stray product receipts, warranty information and scrap paper upon which serial numbers have been carelessly scrawled. Currently, mivault is available to download in the iPhone App Store for free. Take a look at the app and service now, and be sure to post your thoughts in the comments.