Infoding, an indie developer studio, has announced the universal release of Roller Journal. First released for the iPhone/iPod touch in March, the $1.99 app puts a new spin on the traditional journaling app and is now available for the iPad as well.
Unlike other journal apps that give you a blank page to begin your day, Roller Journal is different in that it begins each day by asking you fun and interesting questions.
For example, it may ask you “What’s the best thing you read recently?” or “What impressed you today?” among other questions. In doing so, the app helps you learn more about yourself.
As a universal app, Roller Journal now includes additional packs of theme questions, which are available as in-app purchases. Additionally, it has been specially designed for the iPad, making it easier to journal long form entries on the iPad keyboard.
According to Adriaan Stellingwerff, creator of Roller Journal, the app has enjoyed an ever-growing user-base since it arrived three months ago.
They’ve told us that the questions help them get writing straight away rather then sitting there looking at a blank page. And they’ve surprised us in the number of different ways they are using the app – to track their study habits, as an inspiration for creative writing and songwriting, and to track their mental health and confer with their doctors.
- Roller Journal Feature List
- Respond to a variety of fun and interesting questions, no blank pages
- Add your own questions
- Purchase additional question packs from the in-app store
- Share your questions and answers with friends so you can journal together
- Find out about your journalling habits: see when you journal most and more
- Organize your questions, set a reminder, set a password and back up to Dropbox.
- Designed for both iPhone and iPad
Take a look:
Roller Journal is available today in the App Store.
Have you been using Roller Journal on your iPhone? Plan on using it on your iPad too?