Snapcuts, the social video messaging company that allows users to “snap” together video clips, is now available in mobile form on the iPhone. The free SnapCuts app makes it easy for users to add personalized text to previously released videos and then share their creations via Facebook or Twitter.
Offering a nice selection of clips from television, film, commercials, and music, Snapcuts includes an easy-to-follow interface and tutorial for new users. Among the footage available in the SnapCuts archive is classic material like The Three Stooges and the films of acclaimed filmmakers like Alfred Hitchcock and John Ford, to highlights from this year’s SxSW Interactive Festival.
According to SnapCuts CEO Bee Ottinger:
Mobile devices like the iPhone are exactly what I had in mind when I founded the company. Not only are these devices the ideal interfaces for consuming content, they are also ideal for easy-to-use content creation software like SnapCuts, which is designed to simplify not only the process of self-expression, but of sharing as well.
- Browse hundreds of video clips from movies, animation, commercials and music.
- Drag them to a timeline and create your own video message.
- Add text and one-click share via Facebook, Twitter, SMS, and Email.
- Save your video message SnapCut to send to someone else later.
- In a hurry? Use our premade SnapCuts and personalize the text to send to friends.
- Browse our pre selected collections for making SnapCuts quickly and easily.
- Easy navigation and search to explore the many clips in all sorts of categories.
Download SnapCuts in the App Store today.